Table of Contents
2nd Floor Lambeth Commons
P.O. Box 400811
Charlottesville, VA 22904
Click here to see our location in Google maps.
Regular Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM or by appointment.
Fund Drive Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday: Noon to 5:00 PM.
Note: Lambeth Commons and all interior areas of WTJU are accessible to the disabled. In addition, The doors to the Lambeth Commons building and WTJU will be auto-locked between 6:00 PM and 8:00 AM. Access to WTJU during those times is possible if you have made previous arrangements.
Google Map or detailed directions to WTJU.
If you or your group would like to experience the inner-workings of a radio station, call WTJU to schedule a tour of our facility.
We are happy to conduct brief tours of our facility during fund drives or during your impromptu visits to WTJU if someone is available. It is best to schedule a visit in advance.
WTJU will conduct hands-on tours for special groups including elementary, high school and home school students, girl and boy-scout groups, and other youth-groups. Tours may include a small recording project executed by the group members. Specialty tours should be arranged at least one week in advance. To make arrangements, contact Nathan Moore at email@example.com
Information for Performing Artists/Groups
If you would like to arrange a performance, please visit the staff webpage and contact the appropriate department. For bands who have already arranged to perform, general guidelines can be found here. These guidelines are general and may very depending on the individual group and show. Questions or concerns should be sent to
WTJU is located on the 2nd Floor of Lambeth Commons in the Lambeth Residency Area at the University of Virginia. Guests of WTJU may obtain a parking pass when you visit and park in spaces reserved for WTJU near our facility.
Lambeth Commons and all WTJU spaces are handicap accessible.
For a copy you can download: please click here.
If the small WTJU parking lot is full (as is sometimes the case), there are other parking options in the area, depending on the time of day you arrive. See the map below for details.
Note: If your band is performing live on WTJU and you have a lot of gear, contact station staff about getting a sidewalk permit.
Directions to the Station
Directions from North Charlottesville
- Go South on Route 29 North/Emmet Street toward the University of Virginia
- From the intersection of Emmet Street and Barracks Road go through four lights (including the Barracks Road light): approximately one mile.
- When you are at the fourth light at the intersection of Emmet Street and Massie Road move immediately into the left lane (you will see the John Paul Jones Arena and University Hall to your right)
- Continue about 100 yards beyond that light and turn left into the Lambeth Residency Area (note sign) parking lot: If you go under the Railroad Underpass, you’ve gone too far.
Directions from the University of Virginia
- From the light and intersection of Route 29/Emmet Street and the Ivy Road/University Avenue go 300 yards North on Emmet Street and under the railroad underpass
- Turn right into the Lambeth Residency Area (note sign) parking lot
Directions from Parking Lot of Lambeth Residency Area
- Once in the parking lot, turn LEFT immediately and drive about 100 yards up the alley that runs behind the residence halls
- There are 10 parking spaces with signs indicating WTJU Restricted Parking on your left
- Park in one of these spots and either walk East on the Grounds Walk to the rear of Lambeth Commons building and walk down the steps. You may also take the “scenic” route down the alleyway that parallels the Grounds Walk. Our building is straight ahead of you as you walk down the alley. A Convenience Store on the first floor and signs to our studios on the second floor from this point onward
- Enter through the front door and either take the elevator (to your immediate right) or the stairs (straight ahead) to the 2nd Floor.
- Walk through the lounge and to the reception area of WTJU, obtain a parking pass, place it on your dashboard and return to WTJU (this pass is not required during the fund drives: please call WTJU for special instructions during those times)