Interested in promoting an event? WTJU offers two free options:
Public Service Announcements: Promotion of your event both online and over our airwaves; these have stricter guidelines than calendar events.
Events: Events that go on our concert calendar, usually relating to one of our music departments or our public affairs department.
For promotion of an organization or a long-term event, consider underwriting. To learn more contact the station: email@example.com or call (434) 243-8831.
Public Service Announcements
WTJU airs public service announcements (PSAs) for:
Those sponsoring an event to benefit a non-profit group;
Local schools, colleges and Universities; and
There is no charge for this service, but if you would like your announcement regularly scheduled for a block of time, consider business sponsorship.
PSAs should be emailed to WTJU at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be PSA with two or three words associated with the organization or event. We do not accept PSAs by phone, fax, or mail. PSA should be sent to our office a minimum of one week before you want it to BEGIN airing.
– Basic Organization or Event information (who/what/where/when)
– Phone number, email, and/or website for the organization or event — that listeners may access for more information.
– Pronunciation guidelines to difficult words or names
– WTJU reserves the right to edit all announcements for content, length, and format.
– Calls to action, requests for donations, and politically partisan events and endorsements are not allowed.
– Specific price information will not be included.
– “Till Further Notice” (TFN) Policy is: please renew every three months.
– Events must be open to all; audience-restricted events will not be announced.
Event information for concerts/festivals/talks/performances should be sent to the relevant department who will add them to our concert calendar (at their discretion).
Classical Department: Andrew Morgan email@example.com
Folk Department: Peter Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Jazz Department: Gary Funston email@example.com
Rock Department: Nick Rubin firstname.lastname@example.org
-Basic Event information (who/what/where/when)
-Phone number with area code of the event Contact Person
-Pronunciation guidelines to difficult words or names
-WTJU reserves the right to edit all announcements for content, length, and format.