Listener favorites on WTJU come in many styles from a century of jazz recordings. This year’s WTJU Jazz Marathon promises an exploration of tremendous one-of-a-kind jazz recordings.
Join WTJU this year’s Jazz Marathon, September 24-30 — our annual musical scavenger hunt for the lost and found favorites of jazz! DONATE TODAY!
Special kick-off event: JOEL HARRISON Concert. On September 23 at 7 p.m. at UVA’s Brooks Hall, we’re pleased to present guitarist/vocalist Joel Harrison and his roots/jazz band Free Country. Learn more and get tickets.
View the Full Schedule with Show Descriptions.
View the full schedule in PDF format.
View the Jazz Marathon Thank-You Gifts.
The “Lost and Found” week of jazz & blues specials promises an exploration of tremendous one-of-a-kind recordings.
Plus, the Jazz Marathon will feature six live concert broadcasts around the Charlottesville area, including:
- Heptatonic Jazz Quintet (Mon, 9/24 – 7pm) at Listening Room at Studio IX (969 2nd St SE)
- Randy Johnston Trio (Tues, 9/25 – 7pm) at Fellini’s Restaurant (200 W Market St)
- Royce Campbell, Bob Bowen & Jim Howe (Wed, 9/26 – 7pm) at Listening Room at Studio IX (969 2nd St SE)
- $12 Bacon (Thurs, 9/27 – 7pm) at Tin Whistle (609 E Market St)
- Greg Duncan Trio (Fri, 9/28 – 7pm) at Tin Whistle (609 E Market St)
- Bobby Read & the Baobab Trio (Sun, 9/30 – 7pm) at Tin Whistle (609 E Market St)