Join us for WTJU’s first-ever Classical Quiz Show!
Time: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
On Sunday, December 11, 9 – 11 a.m., click the above button to play for “What’s the Score?“, WTJU’s first annual Classical Quiz Show. (Or click here.)
HOW TO PLAY:
- The quiz game uses a web platform called Slido. To access the quiz, you must first enter your name. All players will see the name you enter, so just a first name or pseudonym is fine. Check the box to agree to Slido’s terms.
- On the next screen, enter your email address. We’ll get in touch with you if you win a prize.
- Wait for the game to begin. Questions and answer choices will appear on your screen as they are read aloud on air.
- Technical issue? Can’t play online? Give us a call during the game at 434-924-3959.
Compete against other listeners for prizes and glory in this friendly test of your knowledge of classical music, instruments, and history. While you play, you’ll also hear a local panel of experts take on fiendishly difficult questions.
You can play from home or in-person at WTJU’s Stage (2244 Ivy Road). Either way you play, you’ll submit your quiz answers through a web form on your phone or computer. No ticket cost to join the fun… just tune in or stop by! If you come in-person, you can enjoy some pastries and coffee with us.
Prizes will be awarded for winning rounds, as well as lightning rounds and participation. Prizes include tickets to upcoming local classical performances and a variety of WTJU swag items.
Each round is sponsored by a local classical music ensemble:
– Charlottesville Symphony – orchestral music
– Tuesday Evening Concert Series – chamber music
– Oratorio Society – choral music
– Three Notch’d Road – early music
– Met Live in HD at The Paramount – opera
“What’s the Score?” airs as part of WTJU’s 2022 Classical Marathon. Be sure to donate to keep Charlottesville’s classical community vibrant!