Jazz musicians today face challenges that the likes of Charlie Parker and Miles Davis never had to imagine. How do jazz artists practice their craft – let alone make a living – during the twin crises of the pandemic and this social-political moment?
How does an art form thrive in an age of streaming, declining physical record sales, disappearing venues, and a changing pop culture?
Join us for this FREE event on Friday, Sept 25, 4 -5 p.m. Registration is required. REGISTER HERE.
- John D’earth, jazz trumpeter and educator
- Ivan Orr, multi-instrumentalist, composer, performer, and educator
- Kait Dunton, composer, pianist, and educator
- Dhara Goradia, bassist, composer, and bandleader
- Nathan Moore, WTJU General Manager
- Rus Perry, host of WTJU’s Jazz at 100 Today!