Here are nine great reasons to come out to Freefall concerts:
1. They’re the best free local events this fall.
We put the “free” in Freefall. Every Saturday in September and October at the IX Art Park, 522 2nd Street SE.
2. To expand your musical taste.
Freefall’s full 9-week lineup includes reggae, rock, roots, Latin, funk, folk, blues, and more. It’s the most musically diverse festival around!
3. To expand your food & drink taste, too.
We’ve got Three Notch’d Brewery and Potter’s Craft Cider on tap. Plus First Colony Winery, Vitae Spirits, a full bar, and a bevy of soft drinks.
Sate your hunger at Freefall food trucks, rotating through Little Manila, Mouth Wide Open, Spanky’s BBQ, 106, FARMacy, Priya’s, Pachamama, Angelic’s, Spice Sea, and more.
4. Going to live concerts increases your health and well-being.
Our brains need music, so this makes sense. Recent research says so, too. Peer review pending.
5. Extended festival days that reflect our community.
Most Freefall concerts run 5 – 9 p.m., but four weeks feature longer festivals:
- Sept 22: Black Business Expo. Celebrating and supporting local black-owned businesses, with headliner Mighty Joshua
- Sept 29: Tomtoberfest. A celebration of Charlottesville’s creativity and innovation.
- Oct 6: Ruidosa Women’s Music Festival. Amplifying noisy, empowering women’s voices.
- Sunday, Oct 7: Cville Sabroso. (Rescheduled due to weather) Festival of Latin music, culture, art, and dance.
6. Concerts are family-friendly.
Well-behaved and leashed dogs are also welcome.
7. VIP passes let you support the festival — and get nice perks.
Free live music at the IX Art Park… What could be better?
How about free drinks, a dose of air conditioning, and artist meet-and-greets!
We want you to become a WTJU Freefall VIP. Reserve your set of VIP passes at the WTJU store.
8. Sometimes there are fire dancers.
Be sure to explore the IX Art Park and get creative. Write a note on the “Before I Die” wall. Play the giant outdoor chimes. Take it all in.
9. You matter to this community.
WTJU’s brings people together through excellent shared music experiences. Freefall concerts are a key way we strengthen our community’s fabric.
You matter to this community. You are part of this fabric. Celebrate this community and make it stronger at Freefall.
See you Saturday!