WTJU established a Programming Committee in the Spring of 2011. The Programming Committee is a consulting committee that applies its expertise and skills to discussions about WTJU programming. The General Manager gives full consideration to the Committee’s recommendations.
- The Programming Committee shares program evaluation authority with the GM. They work together to carry out evaluations and to recommend action steps for particular programs.
- The Programming Committee shares program grid evaluation authority with the GM. The PC can propose and recommend grid changes to the GM, who accepts or declines for good cause such recommendations.
The Programming Committee works toward three purposes:
- Evaluate existing programs on a regular basis for quality and mission fulfillment, suggesting program improvement goals and resources as needed
- Review, evaluate, and critique program grid on a regular basis, recommending changes and new programming when necessary
- Evaluate other elements of on-air programming (e.g. calendars, PSAs, underwriting, etc.) for quality, station identity, and mission fulfillment
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month, 6:00-7:30pm in the Lambeth Commons 1st floor meeting room and are open to the public.