| Images from the Past of WTJU Unless otherwise noted, all photos are from the University of Virginia yearbook, Corks and Curls. |
Joel (?) "pop" director
|WTJU's first staff, Spring 1958|
|As the city's only FM radio station until 1961, WTJU is highly covered in Charlottesville's Daily Progress. This and the next photo come from the station's first Exam Marathon, 1959.|
|Charlottesville Daily Progress, 1961|
|WTJU staff 1961|
|1966's WTJU officers, in their new studio in Humphrey's Dormitory|
|WTJU announcer, 1966|
|WTJU announcer, 1972|
|WTJU announcer, 1977 |
By the late seventies, WTJU enjoys an equal ratio of female and male announcers.
|WTJU purchases lots of new equipment in the late '70's thanks to successful fundraising during its 20th anniversary in 1977.|
|WTJU staff recruits new announcers during fall activities fair, 1980|
|WTJU staff, 1981|
|In 1983, WTJU moved its studios to Peabody Hall. By the time this picture was taken in 1988, the statation's announcers were quite accustomed to the significantly larger space!|
|WTJU announcer, 1992|
|WTJU staff, 1992 - |
This is one of the last pictures the UVA yearbook, Corks and Curls, includes for WTJU. In 1993, the Dean of Students Office hires Chuck Taylor to be the station's full-time manager; without a student-run board, student volunteerism at WTJU drops until 1996.
WTJU is owned and operated by the Board of Visitors of the University of Virginia.
The opinions expressed by announcers or guests on WTJU are not necessarily the opinions of WTJU or the University of Virginia.