visits Sunset Road
Friday August 26, 2011, 5-7pm
Dirk Lind, member of one of Charlottesville’s best-loved and celebrated bands, Baaba Seth, will stop by during the first hour of Sunset Road this Friday. Celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, the band is reuniting this Saturday, August 27, to headline the Devils Backbone Summerfest in Roseland, Virginia. Dirk will chat about that and what else the band members have been doing since they last reunited.
The members of Baaba Seth are:
- Dirk Lind - vocals and rhythm guitar, hugs and tickles
- Hope Clayburn - vocals and sax, flute and dance madness
- Mike Chang - lead guitar, vocals, minister of propaganda
- Dylan Locke - bass, Floyd County crackalacka
- Jim Ralston - drums, master illusionist/dancer
- Len Wishart - congas, djembe, percussion and DNA cloning technology
- Tim Lett - trumpet and the original Jazzneck
- Mark Maynard - trombone and official storyteller, will travel for peanut butter.